Hydrangea Wreath



Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time.
At my house in Seattle I have a gorgeous hydrangea plant.  The colors of the flowers are constantly
changing, its so beautiful.  Even though you may want to keep the flowers on your plant, its actually better to prune them off. The more you prune your hydrangea plant, the bigger it will get and it will also produce more flowers.  While I was doing some yard work, I pruned them all off and had the fun idea to make them into a wreath, so they don't go to waste.  When pruning the plant you don't want to cut the whole stem off, but I do cut longer stems when i'm using them for a bouquet.  Because of the short stems, these hydrangeas were perfect for a DIY wreath.    




This wreath cost me less than $10 to make.  I bought the vine wreath and wire from Michaels.  They always have coupons, so check their app or website to get the best deal for your supplies. 





 Some of your stems might be longer than others but that's okay, trim them as needed.  All you do is hold the hydrangea steam where you want it on the wreath and wrap it around with wire to hold it in place. 





You may find that tucking the stems in the wreath works great too, as well as wrapping the wire around to keep them secure. 




Keep arranging the flowers to your liking and fullness until you have run out of space.   



And there you have it! A beautiful handmade wreath with flowers from your garden.



To hang my wreath I used a plastic command (no damage) hook from Michaels.  I leave it on my door year round for all my wreaths. I also tied a piece of string to the back of the wreath so that I can have something to hang it by.




If you tried this DIY, I would love to see it! If you post it on IG make sure to #crisanabodeDIY

 Wreath: Michaels 
Wire: Michaels
Hook: Michaels 


No comments