Floral Crown


Last month my sister and brother in law came to Texas with their girls for a visit.  We ended up doing a quick unplanned family photo shoot for which I made these lovely crowns.  Living on top of a
Whole Foods has great advantages.  I went downstairs and picked up some fresh flowers (for a great deal) and used floral wire that I had stored from previous projects.  I talked to the Whole Foods florist about what I was doing and he ended up giving me leftover garden and spray roses from a wedding that were going to get thrown away for $2.99 I also used baby's breath which I bought for full price $5.99.  If you have another store that sells flowers by the stem, it would be more cost effective to buy them per piece instead of getting bunches of flowers to mix up.  



Here is a photo of the tools that I used.  The wire that is wrapped in a circle is a lot thicker.  I took the thick wire and made a circle that fits snug around my nieces head.  This circle was my platform for all my flowers.   


I then cut the flower stems so they were about 2 inches long and arranged them on the circle, one at a time. I followed by wrapping the each stem with the thin floral wire to keep it in place.  Continue doing that until you have your desired design and your done!



I made four with the help of my sister in law Laura.  One for each of her daughters, one for her and one for the baby girl on the way.

Materials Used







No comments