Flower Wall Hanging



I've always had a place in my heart for collecting things.  When I was young I collected rocks, sand
in jars, shells, pencils, stickers you name it.  It sounds like I had a slight hoarding issue (which is
probably true) but I was very organized about it.  My mom gave us each a box to keep our stuff (junk) in and everything that wasn't in that box would get "thrown out".  That box was my treasure box.  Fast forward to today, I've been married for almost 5 years and I still have some of that hoarding in me. Not pencils and stickers but drift wood.  I just love how unique each piece is and how lovely it looks.  If you take me to a lake or body of water just know that I will be eyeing that drift wood.

It's honestly not that bad, I just have like 10 sticks collected so far, and i'm not planning on keeping them forever.  I've been using them in a few DIY projects and plan on putting some of those up in my shop (hopefully before summer).  One of the DIY projects I used the driftwood on is this wall hanging.   

I've seen test tubes used as flower vases in many different ways and thought that it would be a neat idea to combine the two.


Materials needed 

  • Flowers    (Buying fake flowers is more cost effective long term) 
  • Sissors
  • Bakers Twine 
  • Nail 
  • Test Tubes
  • Drift Wood

Fake Pink Tulips



Bakers Twine 



Test Tubes 



The first thing I did was tied a long piece of the twine to the drift wood and hung it to my desired height.  Next I cut random sized string pieces and double tied them to the drift wood randomly.  I used 12 because that's how many flowers came in one order. You can add as many as desired, based on your stick size and quantity of flowers and test tubes.  The next step was to double tie the other end of string to the test tube, making sure that its tight enough to not slip above the rim. Lastly add your flowers and you're all finished! 



I loved this flower purchase because they look so real!





If you tried this DIY, I would love to see it! If you post it on IG make sure to #crisanabodeDIY


Flowers: Amazon
Bakers Twine: Amazon
Test Tubes: Amazon
Nail: Home Depot
Drift Wood: Lake Texoma 



No comments