Wall Quote


In the morning when I rise give me Jesus 

When you buy your first home you get a lot of new empty walls. You end up having so much space, you don't know what to fill it with.  I made this DIY to fill the space in my kitchen nook where I spent most of my time.  It was a daily reminder to always start my day with Jesus. I chose this quote from a song by Jeremy Camp but you can choose your favorite bible verse or something that will encourage you daily.




I bought the individual letters from Michaels and the spray paint from Joann's


Don't forget to use a coupon, this can get a little pricey.


I spray painted both sides and all the edges with the gold spray paint then let them dry before hanging.  It's best to do this outside on the grass. (far from places that you don't want to over-spray)  Make sure to use newspaper or cardboard to not get grass to stick in the paint and ruin your letters.


Choose a day that's not windy, I had some trouble with wind and rain, just my luck.. but it turned out great anyways!



I used small pieces of scotch mounting tape to hang each letter.  If you take the letters off it might take some paint off the wall, so be careful with placement.


If you tried this DIY, I would love to see it! If you post it on IG make sure to #crisanabodeDIY


Letters: Michaels 
Paint: Joann
Mounting Tape: Joann



No comments