Lavender Macarons



While scrolling through Instagram one day I came across lavender macarons.  I love lavender, and if I could I would have a lavender field in my backyard.  I was curious to see how they tasted and if
lavender flowers were even edible. I did some research online and found that you can buy lavender flowers for cooking and baking.  So I decided to give it a try.  I went to  a few grocery stores and I had no luck finding edible lavender flowers.  It became my mission to find some.  I was about to buy my own lavender plant and try to dry my own but then I found some!  World market happened to have some in their spices section.  I bought a small bag from them and also a cute glass jar to keep it in.  Here are a few pictures of lavender macarons in the making and a few pictures from a trip to a lavender farm in Oregon with my husband.   


I used a basic macaron recipe found online and added purple gel food coloring to the batter.


I then sprinkled the edible lavender flowers on top and baked them.


After they were finished baking and cooling I made a white chocolate ganache infused with lavender flowers.  I added a small amount of white chocolate ganache to one shell and put them together.

This is the finished product!  The lavender flavor is very subtle but so tasty.  I recommend you try this recipe.




French Macaron: Recipe 
White Chocolate Ganache: Recipe 
Edible Lavender Flowers: World Market
Spice Jar: World Market




No comments