DIRTY GROUT

After buying our first house I wanted to clean every square inch of it before settling in.  The first place I started cleaning was our master bathroom.  I always heard that everything sticks to grout and its one of the dirtiest areas in your bathroom.  I wan'st about to skip this task.  Some people have colored grout, which you cannot wash because its colored gray from the beginning.  This was not the case for us.  The way you can tell is if you see cleaner grout in low traffic areas.  Bingo! Our grout was not naturally this yucky brown.  This is what our grout looked like before. 


It was a time consuming task but the end result was amazing.  Pictures don't do justice.  I tried many different tools to try cleaning the grout but the best was the good ol toothbrush.  An old one not in use of course.  I poured baking soda over all the cracks and sprayed them with water.  I then scrubbed my butt off until I was finished.  Washed my floors and I was done!  If you seal your grout yearly it is less likely to attract dirt that sticks.  A more expensive way to is to hire a company to do it for you, but when you buy your first house you don't have money to spend on stuff like that. 


This is the after!

A side by side to compare the results better.  Enjoy!

No comments