Flower Preserving




When Robert and I were dating, he gave me a flower or bouquet of flowers every time he picked me up from my house.  I saved a lot those flowers and dried them, but I didn't know much about preserving them.  They sat around in an open paper bag for a long time, until I framed them.  I wanted to find a way to display them because they meant a lot to me.  While at Ikea I saw a frame and knew it would be perfect to frame my flowers.



The frame that I used has a space in between the glass and area you add a photo, unlike the usual frames where its completely flat.  This frame did squish the flower a bit, but I liked the way it looked.  I bought some burlap fabric from Joann's and glued it to the cardboard backing. 


I then placed the flower exactly where I wanted it and sewed it with a piece of yarn pulled from the burlap fabric.


I assembled the frame and my framed flower was complete! I love this way of preserving flowers.  I used it as art for our nightstands and then when we moved they were placed on my fireplace mantle, where they continued to look beautiful.


I did frame more flowers, but only the peony was pictured in this DIY.


If you tried this DIY, I would love to see it! If you post it on IG make sure to #crisanabodeDIY


Frame: IKEA
Burlap Fabric: Joan's 
Glue Gun: Michaels 


No comments