Madeleines





   Living in Seattle with no friends, family or a job gave me a lot of free time to shop and bake.  While strolling around the mall, I came across the cutest kitchen store. (sadly no longer in business)  They had some of the cutest things!  While browsing the isles I found Madeleine pans!  With
zero knowledge about Madeleine's, I made my purchase.  I was the proud owner of Madeleine pans.  





You can find Madeleine pans here.

Madeleine Pans: Amazon

I used a recipe that I found online (listed at the end of the post)  It has a full video demo. 


Make sure you coat the pan with melted butter and dust it with flower for a easy removal.  Just lay out a towel and tap the bottom of the pan.  They should pop out very easily.  Don't forget to wear oven mitts!



Sprinkle powdered sugar on top and enjoy with a coffee or tea of your choice.

The recipe I used (and still use) is from "Joy of Baking"

Enjoy!






No comments