Bare Creek Hollow Tree House





For our 4 year anniversary I wanted to do something fun and unique.  I randomly found this place
while searching for lavender fields in Texas.  I was so ecstatic when I saw what it was! It was tree houses you could rent out in the middle of a 18+ acres.  One of them was more open to the outdoors and one was completely enclosed, more like a house.  I decided to go with the safe route and choose the completely enclosed one.  Being new to Texas summers, I didn't know what types of bugs we would encounter if I had chosen the other more open tree house.  Our anniversary was only a month away at that time, so I was pretty anxious when it came to booking.  With fingers crossed and high hopes I saw that the weekend I wanted was available!  

Only about an hr and thirty minutes from where we lived at the time, we packed up and off we went.  I was so excited, I couldn't wait to arrive. I was like a child on Christmas morning.  



The Gift shop where they sell their lavender products including lovely bath salts that I purchased.


The ramp leading up to the tree house.

               

Bare Creek Hollow Tree House.


View from the front porch 


Living room area 






                 

Back porch 

               

Going upstairs 

               


Bathroom with sink, toilet and shower.




Bedroom surrounded by windows.  It was such a breathtaking view to wake up to.


Selfie :P



Full Kitchen!




Breakfast time.

               



The creek that runs under the tree house.


               
Going exploring with my husband.


My cutie :)


Honey bees in the distance.  We took a different route when we saw the hives because I was pretty terrified. 


Exploring through the brush.


Outdoor bathtub with running water! So you can pretty much take a bath in the middle of the forest.



We found a whimsical hanging bed.  You can't tell but its quite a drop below that bed.


Seeing trees with faces made us smile.


Hanging drying lavender.


My husband spotted this bunny that looked almost fake because it was standing so still.  


The Wedding Chapel.


A little duck pond with a canoe on the way to the tree house. 



Overall we had a great unplugged mini vacation.  Got to experience something I didn't know was possible.  We are very grateful for the owners Ron and Susan who opened up their farm for us to enjoy.  

Since we visited Savannah's Meadow in August, other people have spread the word like wildfire.  They are almost completely booked for 2017 already...  So we will see when we can visit again.  Hopefully sometime soon.

You can check them out here Savannah's Meadow or watch "Ultimate Treehouses 5th episode" from the show "Tree House Masters" where one of their tree houses were featured.  




No comments