Essential Oils



My sister in law Laura first told me about essential oils and i'm glad she did.  I started using essential oils a few years back and I absolutely love them.  You can use them for minor ailments, laundry, and
even to make your house smell nice.  I like to blend them together and make my own scents for the house.  I currently have a lavender, rosemary and cinnamon blend which is making my home smell like Christmas morning.  Make sure to always use a carrier oil when applying to skin and do some research before using.  If you use on your skin without a carrier oil it can cause a rash and even swelling.  Also keep away from children and pets, it can be deadly if ingested or misused. 

  I bought my diffuser from amazon.  You can find many styles and sizes to choose from.  I use my essential oils with my diffuser for colds, stuffy noses or just to have my house smelling nice.  Just add a few drops of the oils to the water inside and keep it on your nightstand during the night.  


I also use my oils for laundry instead of dryer sheets.  I add 5-8 drops of lavender (my favorite) to each wool ball and pop them in the dryer.  My towels dry quicker because of the wool balls and they come out smelling heavenly!

If you have any more questions about how I use essential oils or would like to know my blends let me know, I am happy to answer.  Enjoy!  

No comments